8.30.2013

My Heroes.

It's been a deep week.

I haven't quite had the gumption to write. Not sure I trust my lack of filter these last few days.

So many things of beauty; so many things of heartache...

It feels like attacks from our roaring Enemy on every side.

But in the moments between, I've longed to share the faces of my summer heroes...

Meet ELLA...

She's nine years old, in the 4th grade, and she loves to read, play soccer and piano.


Ella was a creative entrepreneur and constantly contrived new ways to meet the goals she felt God had led her to make. 

From Ella...

Hi, my name is Ella. This summer my goal was to raise $100 for foster kids' school supplies. I got my goal, and it was so exciting! First, I sold book marks for $1.00 each. Then I did a lemonade stand. We raised $30! Then, I did chores for the rest of the money. I did this because I wanted foster kids to have school supplies. It made me feel very happy. We also have a foster kid. 

Because of Ella, a little girl began her school journey of preschool with hope and confidence, even though she is terrified of the world swirling around her.


~~~~~~~~~~

Meet ELISABETH... 

She's seven years old, in the second grade, and she loves ballet and horses...

And she sacrificed her summer to love kids just like her, but they just happened to be foster kids.


Elisabeth worked a number of jobs and earned enough money to sponsor a little girl beginning kindergarten this year, in a new home with a new family...a world unknown to her.

From Elisabeth ~

I am so glad I donated this money to help another child in need. I felt like the Lord was calling me to do this. So I did! I hope this will make her feel loved and cared for.

~~~~~~~~~~

To be honest, I had moments this week when I allowed the whispers of the Enemy to become greater than the Truth. I wondered if any of this was scratching the surface and making difference. Then I would glance at these pictures on my computer and remember that Jesus said...

Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them. 
For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those such as these. 
~Matthew 19:14

Thank you Ella and Elisabeth for being the hands and feet of Jesus. Thank you for being examples of faith to all of us. I'm so honored to call you sisters in Christ Jesus.

Looking to our Savior,

No comments:

Post a Comment