7.31.2013

Your Highest Form of Worship

I've been considering the subject of worship lately.

worship (verb): to show or demonstrate adoration or reverence

Many of us recognize that as Jimmy Needham sings, "Worship is more than a song."

But I was recently challenged by our dear friend and mentor Fran Sciacca when he asked us, What is your highest form of worship, Catie? When do you feel closest to God?

I thought about my friend Michelle over at A Southern Ruckus, who is passionate about empowering and encouraging adoptive and foster mamas in the journey... so much so, that she's given much of this year to help design an amazing retreat to renew the hearts of women in the orphan care journey.

I thought about blogsphere friend Lindsy at Light Breaks Forth, who is devoted to advocating for the justice of the broken. Her heart for this is so clear in everything she writes and does.

I considered Jamie when he leads worship. Sometimes, he forgets he's even in front of a church, and as he goes crazy man on his guitar and sings at the top of his lungs, his face shows pure delight in Jesus.

For me, it's this little space of advocacy. It's not large, but when I am sharing, writing and encouraging others in their foster care journeys or in their walks as mothers and wives for the glory of God rather than their own happiness ... I am delighting in Jesus. Though I'm called to other things, this sphere strengthens me for the other places I am called to walk.

I'm so grateful for the opportunities I have had and am about to have to worship in this way. In an effort to be intentional with our time and efforts, we've decided to make my venues for this a little more formal, with God's grace. Check out more on my Speaking, Sharing and Writing page.

And don't forget to register for the Unfailing Love Retreat, where I'm honored to helping lead the foster care sessions.


Looking unto Jesus,

2 comments:

  1. Sister you are so sweet. I am honored to share this blogsphere life with you! And, "Though I'm called to other things, this sphere strengthens me for the other places I am called to walk." Amen. Exactly how I fell about my little space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read this recently...
    "The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet."
    Frederick Buechner

    Hugs to all the Lumpkins!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete