8.18.2012

November 6th, 2002

I'm cleaning out today. Yep, still alone. Are you jealous?

I found a journal assignment for a graduate class on the philosophy of education.

I was asked to define myself in a paragraph and what I hoped the role of education would play in my future. This was written one year into marriage.

November 6th, 2002

In honesty, it is a privilege to be me. My entire personhood is grounded in being loved and pursued by Jesus Christ. My husband communicates this to me every day, in every way. I, in turn, have the precious opportunity to communicate this to others. These blessings awaken me to the chances to both learn and teach others around every corner. In actuality, because of my faith and current calling, every item I teach, I attempt to point my students, friends and family back to the truth that the Gospel is true, the Gospel is life, the Gospel redeems. The amazing thing is learning is a lifetime career, and teaching can be as well. In being who I am and having the gifts I do, I long to implement these truths into my daily life and dreams. My deepest desire is for the education of the Gospel to become the cornerstone of my life, my family, and my calling.

Little did I know what God had in store.                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment