1.20.2014

His To-Do List...

I had five things on my to-do list today.

Not one of them got done.

At 3:00, I heaved a deep sigh and pulled my dirty hair on top of my head, downed another dosage of cough syrup, and put a sweatshirt over my pajamas. Ignoring the screaming of my bed-ragged minions, I flipped through every one's statuses of fun days at the McWane Center, the Zoo, and wonderful homeschooling MLK Jr. lessons.

Where did the day go?

I didn't exercise,
            but I rocked my son when his heart ached,
                      and cleaned mess upon mess when his stomach churned.

I didn't spend time with friends or sweet fellowship,
            but I listened when their mama told me her fears of losing her girls again,
                      how she can't comprehend a year later, why she still feels chased by so many demons.

I didn't get an ounce of real writing done,
            but I wrote God's wisdom upon the heart of my oldest as he struggled to know the direction in     which to walk.

I didn't grade a paper,
            but I wept with a grandmother as we calculated how short she would come up this month to    
                      care for these grandchildren that have somehow become her own.

I didn't make one appointment,
            but I gut-cried when his grandmother told me, I will always be his mama,
                       how he needs me in his life.

I didn't sit to read my Bible,
             but I followed me Daniel's lead and stood on the back porch tonight, 
                        hands raised, tears streaming, and whispered...

Hard to see, but this is Daniel (6) on the back porch singing a song to God at sunset earlier this week.


My strength is in Your name
For You alone can save
You will deliver me
Yours is the victory

Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

The one who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

And nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in Your hands
I'm holding on to Your promises

You are faithful
You are faithful


Because He knew exactly what I needed to get done today ~

No comments:

Post a Comment