4.17.2011

Palm Sunday Family Devotion


Jesus the King
Read Matthew 21:1-11
“Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!” The praises echoed in Jesus’ ears as He entered Jerusalem on a donkey.
Each year the people of God went to the town of Jerusalem to remember how God protected them during the Passover in Egypt. They remembered how God led them through the desert to freedom. As Jesus entered the town of Jerusalem, the crowds and his disciples shouted His name with excitement. They laid their cloaks and palm branches on the ground to prepare the way for Him. They had seen his mighty works. Many people believed He was the Messiah. They hoped He would save Israel from Rome’s control. They wanted Him to be their King. Jesus would be their King, but God had sent Jesus to save His people from sin’s control and to give them true life.
What would it have been like to see Jesus enter Jerusalem?
Was Jesus the kind of Messiah many had hoped for?
What do you think Jesus was thinking as he entered Jerusalem?
Thank God for sending Jesus to be our one true King.
Sing verse 1 of “I Will Sing of My Redeemer.”
I will sing of my Redeemer and his wondrous love to me: on the cruel cross he suffered, from the curse to set me free.
Chorus:
Sing, O sing of my Redeemer! With His blood He purchased me; on the cross he sealed my pardon, paid the debt and made me free.
Philip P. Bliss, 1876

No comments:

Post a Comment